Friday, July 4, 2008

My new crib

These are pictures of my new place, a condo, where I'm renting a room for 600 ringgits or about 180 dollars. I share it with an Iranian grad student, Ali, and a working guy named Leonard who I barely see. I found it through one of the women at the SIS office, who asked one of her friends to wander around looking for flyers advertising available rooms. It turns out that this place has a gym, multiple rec rooms, restaurants, cafes, manicurists, masseuses, 2 pools, 24-hour security and a sauna. I really can't believe how cheap it is to live here.

These show the view looking out over the balcony of the condo. This is where I hang out my clothes and leave my fruit out (leaving them inside makes them ripen way too fast.)








This is the living room with the dining table at the far end, leading to the kitchen.




These are pictures of the kitchen. I haven't really cooked anything other than fried eggs and toast here but I've only been here 6 days...






This is the pool that I have to pass by everyday. I'm getting into the habit of swimming every night since it's always too hot to go running.




This is the building I live in, taken from below where I walk every day. I'm on the 10th story so I'm about 5 levels from the top.




The best part about my new home...



The view!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

No wonder you dream of living in malaysia! Those pictures are awesome. Your apartment rules.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I am astounded. I'll understand if you don't return to the states.

Unknown said...

Maira, this looks amazing! I have to admit i'm a bit jealous. Keep up the great blogging!