Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Arrived in KL

Hello from Malaysia at last!

I'm at an internet cafe in the outskirts of KL and a half a block away from the hostel where I'm staying for a couple days. By next week I should be moved into the apartment where I will hopefully be for 6 months.

At the moment I'm very, very beat from the 18 hour flight so I'm just gonna bullet point the last 24 hours:
  • Air India turned out to have a codeshare with Malaysia Airlines, which meant I pretty much flew with MA instead. (Some of you know how worried I was about flying with Air India because of the horrible reviews it got on this one website.)
  • Met a really nice local from KL who gave me tips, hung out with me and let me use his cell phone so that I could meet up with the woman from SIS.
  • Maria, one of the staff of SIS, seems really nice. I think it's a pretty good sign that I can make her laugh.
  • It's hot and humid here but not nearly as bad as I was expecting it to be (maybe because it was 115 degrees in LA the day before I left)
  • I'm already getting bitten by mosquitos
  • Everyone here is so mixed so I don't feel like I stand out that much.

That's all for now. Sorry it's short but I really need to shower and get some sleep.

Til soon!

No comments: